Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Persistence III - Annoying God

Does the Father value my persistence? Evidently so. In what I still consider a head-scratching story from the Bible in Luke 11, God's value of persistence is featured. Prayer is the big idea. Seemingly (5-8), one neighbor annoys another neighbor out of at least three loaves of bread . . . at midnight!

The most famous part of this story is Jesus' closing comments. He gives a break through formula, of some sort, that includes knocking, seeking, and asking.

God bothered me with that story, again, last week. What in my life, what single thing, am I annoying God about? Does God,ever say . . . Here comes Senesi again, I know what is coming, every single time, every day, constantly, like a dripping faucet. Here we go. Asking, seeking, knocking?

You take it from here. Why do you think persistence is important to God? What does my persistence say about me? What does my lack of persistence say about me? What are you annoying heaven about today?

Great day yesterday in Summerville. Will Browning, Bobby Ewbanks, and Brian Benedict sees something that needs addressing. What incredible population growth in Berkley County, due north of Charleston. Google is there now. New homes? How about 30,000 over the next 15 years? People from all over the world. God is sending them . . . every man, woman, and child. Who will God send to meet them? He has already sent a few movement makers. I was with them yesterday. More is needed.

No comments: