Friday, January 11, 2008

On the Edge of Your Computer Yet? - Wizard vs. Lizard III

So I must confess I did something in the voter's booth on November 16, 1991 that I had never done before or since to my knowledge. I think it what right. I hope it was right. Technically, my vote did not make a difference. Edwards won by plenty (400,000), not just one vote.

Oh, I let it slip. I voted democrat. I voted for Edwin Edwards. Why? I guess I was in the no vote camp. Who David Duke is/was, and what he represents, is not only dangerous, but represents the worst in all of us. The camp that says, I have a perfectly good reason to be who I am and think what I think. Duke was too convincing. We knew who Edwin Edwards was. We did not know who Duke was. He did not know either and is yet to know.

Speaking of recovery, I am a supremacist in recovery. Not just because I am a WASP. My nature is to feel better than others. Smarter, faster, harder working, balder, more spiritual, you know what I mean. I guess I would not be so bold if not for the fact that most of you are that way too. I mean, surely it is not in the Bible just because of me. That would be kind of a waste, wouldn't it? A verse, all that paper and ink for 100s of years, just for little, old, balder than you are, me?

Here, try this on for size, from the Amplified Bible, Philippians 2:3: let each regard the others as better than and superior to himself [thinking more highly of one another than you do of yourselves]. Even, David Duke is not all by himself. That was what scared me as I pulled the lever for the other guy, in 1991.

WH yesterday. Coaching and movement makers. Well worth it. Another good day today in Columbia. Heading to Bobcats vs. Pistons this weekend, along with a trip to Myrtle Beach. More deconstructing Monday.

No comments: