Monday, January 7, 2008

God and My Offensive Line

Tony Temple (Missouri Tigers) set a record in the Cotton Bowl for yards (284 I think) by a running back. His post game press conference hit me funny, not that there is anything wrong with that.

He started by praising his offensive line and in mid-sentence stopped and thanked God (as athletes tend to do). Did he mean it? I think he did. I appreciated his attempt. It came out like, God and my offensive line helped me break the record.

Daniel Webster said in another way in 1833:
There are many objects of great value to man which cannot be attained by unconnected individuals, but must be attained, if attained at all, by association.

You are not alone. We all need an offensive line. God has designed it that way. Say thank you to those who are on you team. Even, if you have to stop in mid-sentence to correct yourself.

Great Weekend. Crosspoint Clemson, with Ken Lewis and Jeremy Chastain followed by New Spring, Perry Noble, in the evening. Wow, God was all over both. Shopping with Abby Senesi on Saturday. She said Stein Mart weakened her. Dad has spent more years shopping with girls at this point than watching football. That is what happens when God attempts to fix a man through sending him a girl wife and girl babies.

No comments: