Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Lizard vs. Wizard

Don't think I'll blog a bunch about presidential politics this year. Most of us who read here are all are going to be think the same things, so what's the point? Most of us are scared of Hillary. After last night's upset win in New Hampshire she will be a force I never thought she could be. We are impressed with Obama's appeal and charisma, but, are equally afraid of him. Most of us really want Mike Huckabee to win the whole deal, but in our hearts question if he is electable.

Back in New Orleans in 1991 (Lizard vs. Wizard) I faced my greatest political dilemma. I felt a strong responsibility to vote. My choices for governor were only two: David Duke (Klu Klux Klan leader and Republican conservative who quoted scripture along the campaign trail) or Edwin Edwards (multiple indictments and public mocker of the resurrection of Christ). Where was my conservative Republican, moral, right wing vote going to be cast? I tell you more tomorrow.

Yesterday, all of World Headquarters moved to White Oak Conference Center in Winnsboro, S.C. to talk about change. I drank too many 20 oz diet soft drinks. I feel a bit bloated and hung over this morning. Anyways, good effort. We all received permission to think out loud for a day.

Where do we go from here? Time will tell. One thing is for certain, we are all good at deconstruction. Deconstruction is easy. Deconstruction makes us feel smart and in control. Construction and long-term implementation . . . I am not so good at that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dino, your last comment hit me between the eyes. Pardon the french, but I SUCK sometimes and constructing what God wants me to be. Thanks for the blog!