Tuesday, January 29, 2008

From Cincinnati - I Never Left

Much to write about this week. The first time I got off a plane near Cincinnati (winter '07), rented a car, and drove across the Ohio River, I entered a place I would never leave again. Not counting the 18 wheeler that drug me to South Carolina (with the girls) in 2002, I have not.

I enjoy God's call to people in a region. The two most distinct calls included permanent assignments in New Orleans and Cincinnati. As I traveled Cincinnati with movement maker and Director of Missions, Dennis Holmes, I found myself saying we and us instead of you and yours. I guess that is the nature of Kingdom work.

We are all on the way to another place. I have enjoyed renewing friendships with people who have been so kind to me in the Queen City. Ron and Becky Renner, Wayne and Kim Sheperd, Doss Estep, Bill Hounshell, Will Langford, Dennis and Mikki Holmes, Jerome and Carolyn Byrd, Gary and Janice Stringer, David Smith, Mike Osborne, David Coppedge, Mike Wright and many more. Most of you don't know them, but look at this as one of those roll calls deals at the end of Paul's letters. If you knew them, you would value them as I do.

Kingdom work is the best work this life has to offer. No kidding. Purpose beyond the next buck and plane trip is priceless. Oh, btw, I value you, too. In fact, I am the richest man on the planet.

No comments: