Thursday, January 10, 2008

Did I Vote for the Wizard or Lizard?

So what would I do? Would I vote for the Lizard (who currently is in a Lousiana prison at the ripe old age of 80)? Or the Wizard http://www.davidduke.com/ who continues to promote racial hatred in spite of running in '91 as someone who had moderated his extreme, Klu Klux Klan views?

Experts say Edwin Edwards won because he received what exit polls (47 % Edwards' voters) said was a David Duke no vote. I went into the booth on that day in 1991 not knowing what to do, but knowing that doing nothing was not an option.

I remember clearly, maybe for the first time, bowing my head and asking God to tell me who to vote for, in the booth. I am not sure that He did, but He probably appreciated me asking His opinion at least. In fact, God Himself, may have hesitated a nanosecond before He voted in the 1991 Louisiana Gubernatorial election. Check Wikipedia http://www.wikipedia.org/ for historical details of that election. More tomorrow.

Columbia Yesterday. Meetings. Meetings. Meetings. Conversations are much more interesting than usual at World Headquarters. I think that is a good thing. Great time with the man, Neal McGlohon yesterday. More time with movement makers today.

Any weight and health goals for 2008? Keep on. The journey is worth the destination. I am at the point where talking about it helps me. Be glad to talk with you. I am in recovery and will always be looking for a new edge. I will be for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a tough one, Dino. A classic pick your poison choice it seems.