Monday, January 21, 2008

Just Another Weekend - Don't Forget to Dream

Saturday - Workout 6:30 a.m. @ World Headquarters. Quiet except for the carpet layers. Read another hunk of Microtrends. Fun book, btw.

Weight Watchers 8:00 a.m.- Great to drop in on the girls @ WW. My wife feels secure.

Men's Conference 8:30 - 4:30 p.m. 87 men were asked a bunch of questions by me in my Right Questions breakout. Ron Barker was hilarious, efficient, and effective, as the plenary speaker.

Girls R Us - Homemade salmon wrap and blueberry flavored coffee for dinner. I have never been more weird. That is saying a mouth full. Shut-up.

Watched some of Tennessee/Ohio State in Basketball

Voted for Huckabee http://www.mikehuckabee.com/ 6:45 p.m. - I will talk more about that later. I proved an amazing point from Microtrends by my vote without even trying.

Talked food, knitting, Mary Kay, and politics with Krista (daughter) and Yvette. No tension in the conversation. Just fun.

Loved on my rock star grandson, Owen

Watched the first 15 minutes of Rush Hour 3 w/the girls.

Turned-off Rush Hour 3 because of bad words. We love Jackie Chan. We will wait until TBS cleans it up some.

Finished sermon for tomorrow at Palmetto Connection, Sumter, Joe Belcher

Sunday - 6:00 a.m. - Tightened up Deeper Water sermon (new).

Workout at World Headquarters. More Microtrends and began a book called The Secret, by Rhonda Byrne. Don't bother with The Secret, an Oprah http://www.oprah.com/ Hollywood-type spiritual book on how to succeed. I will review later. I need to stop and look at those not like me type books periodically. Periodically is the key word there. I don't have the stomach for much.

Palmetto Connection http://www.palmettoconnection.com/ is a year old and meets at Lakewood High School. Joe Belcher is a man's man. One of their company t-shirts is camo. Reminded me of The River http://www.riverchurchonline.com/ back in my day, hopefully with the same long-term results. The people were easy to be around. Within The Red founder Shawn Bilton was as good a worship guy as I have ever experienced in a new church www.myspace.com/shawnbilton

Home to a few minutes of Patriots/Chargers. Took Anna/Abby to Midtown. Need I say more? God is at work there. Music was a bit loud for Abby. Worship and preaching was the same high level as usual.

Ruby Tuesday's world class salad bar with the girls on the way from Midtown. Abby had the mac and cheese, which, according to her, was world class. Not on my eating plan.

Watched some of Giants/Packers.

Myrtle Beach today. Abby may go to work with her dad. MLK day (more tomorrow). Don't forget to dream. We are better because he did.

No comments: