Friday, September 28, 2007

Michael Vick's Insane Behavior

All I ever needed to know, I learned from a bunch of drunks. The previous is one of ten perspective book titles I am considering. I spent the better part of ten years in New Orleans, sitting with them - the drunks - the hopelessly addicted. Walked in the door totally ignorant about the addicted community. How did it work? What were the rules? Why was their behavior so . . . stupid, or better put, insane? They helped me understand the nature and meaning of insane behavior.

If I had a insane detector maybe it would look like the metal detector at the airport. What if you could walk through and a loud buzz would indicate any insane behavior in your life? Stupid stuff. Mistakes you repeat. People you hurt, over and over. Priorities you neglect, over and over. Addictions you are committed to quit, over and over. Would my insane detector buzz when you walked through? Why?

Be careful when you judge the non-sensical, stupid, insane behavior of another person. Insanity is part of the human condition. Insanity is why I need outside intervention in my life . . . outside intervention from The Interventionist - Jesus (John 10:10). We all live it to some degree. If we all did what made sense . . . if we all made the right choices, all the time . . . the world would be a much different place. I am thinking out loud that the world would be heaven. Ah, yes. As I get older, I get more homesick.

Columbia yesterday. Enjoyed spending time with a group of prospective planters. Neal McGlohon and Chris Ruppe was there. Always enjoy being with those movement makers. Bryan and Jack from The River Church in Camden showed up. Always love hearing Bryan's story. Off today. Heading up to Northpoint in Travelers Rest Sunday. See you Monday.

No comments: