Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Do You Have One?

You know . . . an ugly front door (see pic yesterday)? One that will not go away? Maybe it is a hurt, habit, or hangup. Or could it be a classic "thorn in the flesh?" The old, bald-headed, Apostle (Paul, not me) had one of those. No matter how hard you try to manipulate people, places, or things, including the Father, it will just not go away.

The grace thing is hard for me sometimes - but as God told Joshua, as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. Somehow this applies to the ugly front door. You see, there is no simple formula. Hurt, habit, or hang-up? I know what God wants there, don't you? Don't hold it, don't stop to admire it. Let it go. Thorn in the flesh? You will meet Him at that ugly door, in a new and deeper way. Don't understand it, but I know it is true. Blue Like Jazz (Donald Miller)thing.

On the road today, a quick rock star tour of Anderson and Rock Hill. Did about 10 minutes on the ugly front door yesterday. Great coaching conversation with my coach mentor.

No comments: