Sunday, September 16, 2007

Lift Off - Southwinds Church

Great Day. Great Conversations. I love launch days. I compare them to Super Bowl Sunday. But today it was The Grey Cup (Calgary Stampeders whipped Saskatchewan Roughriders 44-22, Saturday) in the name of cultural relevance. The Grey Cup (Nov. 25, 2007 in Toronto) of the Canadian Football League http://www.cfl.ca/ is the equivalent to the Super Bowl of the NFL.

Everybody had fun. Do you think they had fun in Acts 2? More than Super Bowl and Grey Cup combined. When did being a Christ-follower stop being fun to you? Why? Go back and rediscover the fun of it all. I'll bet (wait I'm not supposed to do that), I think (wow, a little wishy washy), You will (I feel a high D rush here) be much more interesting to those far from God when the fun comes back.

The numbers I know were 14 people from the community. Core group was around 23 (37 for Southwinds future). The crowd, well wishers and South Carolina Team made the head count around 70.

One couple with two children told Pastor Rob they had been watching all Southwinds had doing in the community for two years. They did not participate in anything. First Sunday they wanted to see what Southwinds was all about. Home run! I mean, touchdown!

No comments: