Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Confessions of an Ugly Door

My front door is ugly. I think everyone knows . . . who visits our house on Silver Branch. The mail man, the paper man, the garbage man . . . and others. You can't help notice. But everyone including Yvette has been kind of quiet about it. She would prefer for it to have been the back door. I started a job that I really don't want to finish. I over promised on Friday's blog. I am ashamed.

If my front door could talk, he (my front door is male) would have some things to say about me. Abrasive, inconsistent, not very gifted when it comes to certain things. Prone to outbursts of temper, etc. Enough front door! Get out of my face. I have more important things.

My ugly front door would say my spiritual gift is procrastination. I have an unusual ability to save the worst to last. I have never brought this up to my therapist. My list is so long. I have other priorities right now. I think I am going to wait and talk to him about that later. Maybe never.

Eat The Frog First. I read part of that book. I need to read more of it. And I will . . . don't pressure me.

Try as I might, my ugly front door faces me every day. He will not go away. I am not sure I have the solution for my problem. Try harder has not worked in the past. To do lists have minimal influence . . . when I have time to make one.

Maybe today is one of those moments where I am asking for and granting permission to be human. Maybe I hope confession will be good for the soul. I mean . . . you have them don't you? Ugly front doors? Maybe confession will be good for my ugly front door. Or my marriage . . .

Great day yesterday. I discovered I am triple booked for tomorrow. Look forward to fixing all that today. Did work a little more on the ugly door BTW. Watched an ugly football game. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Cliff Marshall said...

Dino,
Don't let the unfinished projects get you down. More and more I'm realizing that my whole life is one big unfinished project, but I'm having fun while I'm at it!