Friday, August 24, 2007

What Would Jesus Say to Michael Vick?

What is the future of Michael Vick? Another ESPN radio rant . . . Will he play again? Will his skills diminish? Will anyone even give him a chance? Canada? The Arena Football League? The NFL?

Not sure how sorry Michael is for abusing dogs. I'll bet he is sorry for something. Full of regrets. Hurting. Feeling stupid. People have done much worse - but I won't go there. Not one of those kind of blogs. People have done worse than fix NBA basketball games. But I won't go there. People have done worse than commit adultery (John 8).

People need two things to live up to their potential - Grace (thank you very much) and Hope (my hand hurts as I type, but it is August 24). What would Jesus say to Michael Vick? Go (take a new step in a new direction) and sin no more (you do can do it with me, you have a future and a hope). Who else today, in Georgia, in the U.S. or in the world would say that to Michael Vick? He needs to hear it from Jesus. "That woman" in John 8:11 needed to hear it. Donaghy needs to hear it. Clinton, Senesi, etc. all need to hear it.

Timeouts are not accidents. I have work to do, but am at home in Columbia today nursing my hand and Anna's broken leg. Look what the Lord has done for me. A clearing in traffic (see Uncle Bert Was Not My Uncle 8/23).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what Jesus would say, but I am certian of this...

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

I know that Jesus is absolutely in love with His creation and that includes M. Vick!

Praying for his salavation!

Tim