Friday, August 3, 2007

Good Morning Homer Simpson

Homer - Why am I talking to you? I am a busy person you know.

Dino - I am your new life coach, contracted by Fox.

Homer - I hate football. All those pinheads at Fox think about is football. My football coach used to yell really loud at me, all the time. Ah, those were the days.

Dino - No, Homer, a life coach is not exactly like a football coach. A life coach helps bring out the best in you. A life coach helps you focus on your future. He helps you change to maximize your opportunities.

Homer - Change . . . I think I did that once . . . Some people never change. Other people change quickly and then they change back.

Dino - Homer, What's going well in your life today? Tell me about a win.

Homer - uh . . . I think my movie career. My movie is hot. Have you seen it yet. Numero uno. I rule!

Dino - Haven't seen it yet Homer, are you surprised at your success?

Homer - Well, I have always been a high achiever, you know, a leader of the pack, you know what I mean?

Dino - Kinda. No question you are a rock star. What would you like to work on in your life today?

Homer - Donuts, hot, fresh donuts.

Dino - More or less Homer? What would that look like to you?

Homer - Maybe less, can you believe some of my friends and family think I am selfish? After all I have done, I feel like they don't like me. I want to prove to them I can do something for someone else. You know, make Springfield a better place. You know, my wealth and influence to make other people feel good.

Dino - What would that look like to you?

Homer - Didn't you already ask that once? I need to take a break.

Debrief: Most people want to live a different kind of life. The major obstacle is that they have tried before and experienced a high degree of failure. The natural response is to stop trying to do things that are not working.

What would you like to work on today? What is your dream? Start now. Baby steps. Seek help.

Encourage someone to climb the mountain of change today. You will give them a great gift when you do. Imagine the possibilities! God really does change people (2 Cor. 5:17).






No comments: