Friday, August 10, 2007

Changeology 101 - Meet the New Homer


Homer - Well, aren't you going to ask me some of those fancy, smancy, powerful coaching questions, like what are some of my wins since our last talk? Underdog comes through! Woof, woof, woof!

Dino - Talk to me Homer

Homer - well . . . my team is together. Krusty the Clown knows a lot of people. Moe is good at starting stuff from scratch. Flanders is the positive happy guy. Lisa is good at making plans and designing stuff. What else do I need to do?

Dino - Great wins Homer. Different strengths, different gifts, different perspectives. What else do you need to do? I can't see what you see. What are your next steps?

Homer - I need to get Lisa to finish the plans. I need to talk to our neighbors, get materials together, schedule another team meeting . . .

Dino - Why don't you turn those ideas in to action plans and put deadlines on them? Here is a yellow pad to do some writing. Great job.

Homer - Woo Hoo! Underdog wins! Maybe that will be my next movie.

Debrief - What project or obstacle needs attention in your life? Who can help you take the next step? What resources do you need? Don't fly solo if you want to make real progress.

How do your feelings about yourself influence how fast you move forward? If you feel like an underdog go see the movie, Underdog. You will be inspired.

If you are at a progress bottleneck go high tech. Use a yellow note pad and give yourself some deadlines. I will be glad to buy you one!

In Orlando today at the Leadership Network Church Planting Learning Community with North Rock Hill Church. Dreaming about God touching the nations through the Carolinas.

Neal McGlohon (SCBC, Charlotte Network); Chris Ruppe and Ryan Allred (North Rock Hill Church); and Will Oswald (Charlotte North Fellowship) are forming an acceleration team to help keep moving forward. Blessed to be here. Amazed at the people God puts me in the room with. Visionaries, practitioners, -- wow!




No comments: