Friday, August 10, 2007

Gold Swords and Ed Koch

Look around you. Relationships are the stuff of life -- Gary Smalley called relationships the "gold sword" of influence in the hand of any man -- I say any man, woman, and child.

Ed Koch, former mayor of New York City, presented a picture I will never forget. He suggested you should envision a "100" on the forehead of everyone you meet today. His point? They could know up to 100 people who can help you get to the next level in your life.

Don't minimize the power of people. You need help! I need help! God offers help in unlikely places. I am going to blog in the days to come, about people God has used to help me. I hope it will cause you to remember and appreciate the gifts God has given you in people. Love to hear your story too.

Back in, of all places, Columbia, S.C. this week! Preached at my home church, Willow Ridge (Lexington, S.C. http://www.willowridgechurch.org/) yesterday. We finished our Summer School preaching series, with me addressing "The Book on Women." Was I brave? Led by God? Stupid? All of the above? I survived, learned new things, and appreciated the opportunity to serve.

No comments: