Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What Was He Thinking?

Tim Donaghy decided cheating made sense. He influenced the outcome of NBA games he officiated. I read court documents that described the detail and precision necessary to carry out his plan. The behavior looked so ugly in black and white.

In Jeremiah 17:9, the Lord told one of His top assistants, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked (incurably sick); Who can know it?" Paul referred to his life as one "full of contradictions" (Romans 7, MSG).

I am really good an assessing . . . other peoples' oversights, insensitivity, and stupid judgement. One day I will get better at assessing my own. Yvette tells me, at times, it is worse than I think. And Yvette is nice about it.

What was Tim Donaghy thinking? What was Michael Vick thinking? What was Eve thinking? What about David? Moses? The woman caught in the "very act" of adultery? The Apostle Paul and his "life of contradictions?" Not sure, but I do have tremendous potential to screw up my life and the lives of people who love me. I need to surround myself with honest people. People who love me enough to ask me an all important question: "What are you thinking?"

Great day of training planters in Rock Hill yesterday. Too many movement makers to list but if interested see http://www.icpt807.blogspot.com/. Final day today. My Anna starts Carolina Springs Middle School today. Yvette , Anna, and Abby are all in brand new schools this year. My girls are up for some challenges. I wish it were still summer time. Summer '07 will go down one of the greatest. No kidding. Stay tuned.

No comments: