Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Happy 25th Anniversery Yvette!


Dear Yvette (used by permission from Yvette),

We preachers love to start sentences with profound statements like “God knew.” Wow, go figure. The God of the Universe actually looked down from heaven, knowing something in advance. I can’t think of any other way to say it sweetheart. God knew exactly what I needed and gave me the greatest gift a human being could ever have beyond knowing Him. He gave me you.

The first time I saw you, with your distinct walk, going from the Milligan College cafeteria to the field house, I could not have possibly known what “God knew.” You were cute, I mean really cute, you know what I mean? You were sweet and so calm. So easy to please. God knew. You were patient and so comfortable to be around. God knew. You were fun. Your laughter still often rings through the rooms of our house late at night, making my life and our home a better place. You are the soft spot in my world. A peaceful place. God knew.

25 years. Old people used to have those anniversaries. Now us. How blessed I am among men! Bethany, Krista, Anna, and Abby, David, Owen, and even Cujo and Stitch -- all unique blessings in my life. None are like my beautiful sweetheart. She is in a class by herself. World class. No rivals. No replacements. And yes my dear, it just keeps getting better! God knew.

Happy 25! The best is yet to come!
I love you forever,

D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Friend,
Congratulations!!! These days it is a great accomplishment to make it to 25. Marriage is so disposable in our society today. We celebrated 26 on 5/30. Another 25 and Yvette will earn sainthood (ha-ha,smile).
Blessings to you both,
Your forever friend,
Arzel