Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Leadership Secrets of the Energizer Bunny

I can't remember who coined the term BFO or Blazing Flash of the Obvious. BFO applies here to the Energizer Bunny. He did not respond to my request for a blog interview. His agent said he was busy spinning around and banging his drum. This is a rare case of what got him to the top will likely keep him there.

Here are a few of his secrets:
1) Consistency - As with missionary to India, William Carey, you could say about EB, he is a plodder.

2) Metacognition - Impressed by my new word? I heard it from someone at WRC last week. Thanks Lindsay. Awareness of self, ability to set goals and learn, etc . . .

3) Intuitive - Are leaders made or born? Likely a bit of both, but EB simply maximized his opportunities. Will you today? Or are you just on the way to someplace else? I will unpack this more.

More on the way. Isle of Palms is great. Stay tuned.

No comments: