Tuesday, June 10, 2008

From Indianapolis - How are YOU Doing?

Chris Beard, pastor of First Christian Assembly in Cincinnati, told me something I will never forget about friendship. He said in effect, real friendships are like reading a great book, you can put it down, but when you pick it back up, you can start back right where you left off.

People you will never know are on the list of good books I am picking back up this week in Indy. Will Langford, Bill Hounshell, Ty Salter, Bob and Debbie Bieke, Roc Collins, Gale Hartley, Joey Herrod, Tim and Renee Brogan, Ron and Emily Herrod, and many others. Friends from the past who value me puts wind in my sails. None of these guys care about my ministry role. They only care about me. They ask, How are you doing?

Carl Martin from Crosspoint Bluffton is really good at this. I am blessed with a lot of S.C. friends like that. Seldom do I ever have a conversation with Carl (and we have a lot) that does not include the question from him, How are YOU doing? He says it in a way that does not let me off the hook. Ask somebody that question today. I know I will be asked all day long.

Trying to get back to Dad Regrets. Too many sights and sounds in Indy. I am like a dog at a whistler's convention. Hang with me. BTW, Guidestone 5K was cancelled due to rain. I did get the t-shirt though!

No comments: