Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Leadership Secrets of EB - Doc Rivers' Shirt

USA Today reported this morning that Doc Rivers' (Coach of World Champion Boston Celtics) Gatorade-soaked shirt was bought by an anonymous bidder for $55,000. Just what I always wanted, a Gatorade-soaked shirt. I really don't want Doc's. I want my own.

When the Energizer Bunny was just a kid, I wonder what he wanted? What was his dream? How much can a stuffed pink bunny want out of life? Again, since EB was unable for comment, I am left to imagine what his journey to fame must have looked like.

I did three secrets yesterday. Today, only one. Nothing new or profound here. Hopefully a reminder. Effective leaders do certain things. No matter where you meet them and what their particular assignment looks like, they are similar. Normally the best do not aspire to be great, but they are focused on doing great.

Effective leaders are focused leaders. Because of that, they are not always easy to be around. My agendas and ideas are not very important to them, unless it is where they are going. EB may have had all kind of opportunities to chase the dreams and plans of others. No matter the offer, he just kept going . . . and going.

Last full day at IOP. All good. Beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Normally the best do not aspire to be great, but they are focused on doing great."

Ladies & Gentlemen, Captain Dino has cleared out the Ace Hardware!

Solid stuff, sir. You are the only person on the planet who can write for days on end on leadership lessons learned from a drumming pink bunny and actually say good stuff. :-)

Bryan Plyler said...

Why are you spending your whole day at the International House of Pancakes? :-)

CRJ/DJS said...

Only we beautiful people know where the real IOP is BP . . . And I would tell you but then you could show up there in your tank top and all. Need I say more? Enjoy a Rootie Tootie on me!

Thanks Jay. Since EB refused a blog interview (not the first rock star who refused) then his journey was only limited to my imagination.