Monday, June 9, 2008

From Indianapolis - Find Your Spot

In a fit of desperation, after living in Columbia for three months, I conferred with http://www.findyourspot.com/ on the advice of a friend. The site is down right now so don't bother. I am not sure what they were selling. I answered twenty questions or so to see if God would tell me where I was really supposed to be living.

I know prayer is the right answer here, not findyourspot.com but prayer was not working well for me at that moment. I had always been taught that God works in mysterious ways. I was trying to help Him.

Indianapolis http://www.indy.org/ was the first choice for me, according to the site. St. Louis was second. Cincinnati was in the top five. The only city in the south that seemed to be a match was Tampa (don't worry, they do small cities and towns too, it's fun).

God did not move me to Indy. He kept me where He wanted me. In August '08, He kept me where He wanted me for six years and counting. He would not be out done by a cheesy website or a profoundly perturbed preacher. I am glad. Father knows best.

More Dad Regrets tomorrow. Also observations about this great city, Indianapolis, and the SBC (safe commentary only, of course), will be coming via Thinking Out (not so) Loud.

No comments: