Monday, June 16, 2008

Indy, Tennessee, Dad, Dad Regrets

Indy Wrap Up - Slowly, the climate is changing in the SBC. I spent an evening at the convention shadowing Ed Stetzer (getting him soft drinks, carrying his brief case, etc. you know what I mean). The love he is getting from the SBC mainstream is amazing. That says more about the state of things than anything else. The platform is changing, too. Less bashing of the new, more, where do we go from here?

Tennessee - Great fun hanging out with family for the weekend. Covered Bridge 5K, Celebration Church http://www.celebrationchurch1.org/ with my former friend and blog promoter, Sid, and Coffee Company www.experiencingcoffee.com .

Dad - for the first time in years I spent Father's Day with my dad. Dino Sr. is soon to be 76 years old. He doesn't make it to first base as fast as in days gone by. He is, however, always good for a belly laugh, great conversation and wisdom about life. Fond memories: He always overstated how good I was at doing things; He loved people; People loved him.

Dad Regrets - My wife and I should have sat on the same side of the table . . . I am not out of time here, and have made significant changes over the past 5 years. My daughters should have seen more evidence that my relationship with them was not as important (you read that right) as my relationship with my wife.

I want to be even more careful calling my one-on-one time with my daughters dates. I understand the relate to men thing, but I may have cut off my nose here. My daughters are not my girlfriends and I am not their boyfriend. My wife, and my wife only, is my girlfriend. Should my daughters and I have one-on-one fun? Absolutely! Just don't want to send the wrong message about what healthy family relationships look like. At least from now on.

No comments: