Thursday, February 28, 2008

Transformation Agenda Communication #8

Starbucks got what they wanted on Tuesday. The media showered them with plenty of worldwide publicity because of their 3 1/2 hour shutdown. Was there an agenda? Multiple. Starbucks did not become Starbucks by being stupid.

In Starbucks' press release they explained, what they called, Transformation Agenda Communication #8 which is to teach, education, and share our love for coffee. Big stuff. Bottom line? To make the whole world want and thus, purchase their product. Creating a little buzz, don't you think?

When asked about the shutdown, my nine-year-old, Abby, said, I'm a kid, it's coffee, I don't care about it. Wow. Starbucks has a way to go to reach every man, woman, and child. One day Abby may care more.

Transformation is a current buzz word in my world. When God is really in the room, that is how you can tell. The room may not be crowded. But the people in the room will be changing, always, to the core of their being. Maybe it will take time (as with Abby and Starbucks), but it will happen. Because God has one agenda. Transformation.

Did not make 1000 miles this week only 920, but had a great time all over the S.C. If I mentioned movement makers I would leave someone out. Myrtle Beach, Rock Hill, Bluffton, etc. The tour continues after a 3 1/2 day stint in, of all places, Columbia. Record month of blog hits for me. I am counting. Sorry, it is a quality control thing . . . I, too, have an agenda! Multiple in fact.

1 comment:

Cliff Marshall said...

a small room of people who are being changed to their core is what Cameo is for me every year. Looking forward to seeing you there next week.