Thursday, February 7, 2008

Coaching - The Place We All Need To Change

I gradually moved into the world of coaching. I started as the person being coached in 2003. My coaching conversations with Bob Logan felt different. I had no idea why. The journey of self-awareness had gone to a new level. The more I learn about me, the deeper I knew I need to go.

Five years later, now that I have spend many hours coaching and being coached, I have learned another principle of self-awareness:

The place in my life where I need the greatest change is the place I am aware of the least.

The answer? I don't propose the ultimate answer, but I will take a shot at some ideas in the days to come. I think you would agree with me that it is a subject worth further research. Right?

Cola at World Headquarters today. I would rather be in Cincinnati, Lynchburg, Calagary, New Orleans, or Bluffton. But, I have a big boy job. Working on the work is as important as working in the work. Plus, I love being around the Church Multiplication Group. Really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We would rather you be in Cincinnati as well!! Hope the trip to Lynchburg went well. Tell Yvette and the girls we said hello.

Wayne S.

CRJ/DJS said...

Thank you Wayne. When I am with you and Kim I feel like I am right at home. Sorry about the toothpaste in your sink and my underwear in the floor. I forgot to tell you I took a few swigs right out of the milk jug too :)
Great fun. No kidding. Not no kidding about the milk jug. No kidding about the great fun!