Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Davis III - Confessions of a Ranter

Talk about a hand me down quote. I have to give my supervisor and friend, Marshall Fagg, the research credit. He heard it from an assistant, named Missy, in the Upstate. Missy heard it from her Oncologist as she was walking the cancer journey at 29 years old. Her oncologist heard it from either Ghandi or, someone who heard it from Ghandi, or maybe Marshall.

You are the change you hope to see.

My mantra on TOL is personal responsibility (another Ghandi reference, but I do not embrace Ghandi's theology, I promise). Forgive the moment of contemporary transparency but . . . it is one of my points of greatest struggle. I am a ranter. I am a deconstructionist. I don't think God is entertained by that part of me.

The world will be no different because of ranters. Noise, tension, and confusion are what they (we) leave behind. A new dream may begin with a rant, but will never be delivered from a rant. Dreams must evolve to personal responsibility which must evolve into action. Enough ranting. Got to go to a meeting with a bunch of dreamers in Dallas

No comments: