Monday, February 11, 2008

Does God Speak Through Blogs? Feeling Nemo 33

Pretty heavy for a Monday morning? I wrote last Thursday morning about the place where we need to change most. Wow, did I get slammed for 48 hours. Don't want to get too transparent here. I am not into to those frustrating, trendy, contemporary church core values of transparency and authenticity. Never gets me anywhere.

There is a certain kind of pain I experience. Nemo 33 pain (The deepest swimming pool in the world, 108 feet or 33m). Deeper than the average kick in the backside kind of pain. The pain of knowing that someone (God Himself) has gone deep. Deep to the soul, to the place I need to change the most. The place . . . I was aware of the least.

The consolation prize??? If God wants to deepen a man, He must go deeper to do it.

No deeper water exists in the shallow end of the pool.

Cola today at World Headquarters. Preached at FBC Eutawville, S.C. yesterday. Real folks who love the Lord. Hung out with movement
maker Bryan Plyler to look at an exciting future for The River Church http://www.theriverchurchonline.com/ .

So much to blog about, no kidding. Had to get today off my chest. Tomorrow, no more transparency or authenticity. I promise.

No comments: