Friday, February 15, 2008

Fun Friday - Lighten Up, Huh?

My Nemo 33 blogs were a little heavy I know. My week was not all deep water. The Cypress Project Group #1 was a faith become sight thing at NRHC http://www.northrockhill.com/ . Any time I get to hang out with movement makers Ruppe and McGlohon, I learn new things. Watershed http://www.watershedcharlotte.com/ leadership shared their amazing God story at Cypress this week too . . .

God always manages to humble me with my own lack of control or success. He invites me to swim deep. But there is always something or somebody to celebrate (thanks Bob Logan). Also, there is always something to smile at, like a great Valentine's Day (A Senesi Tradition) with the girls and the grandson.

Abby gave me a chocolate chip cookie moment last week. She had to do a class presentation about Ruth Wakefield. Ruth invented the Chocolate Chip Cookie in 1930, by accident!

Ruth, it seems, ran out of Baker's chocolate, when trying to make some plain old chocolate cookies. In a Nemo 33 panic (those are all relative you know), she broke up a candy bar, expecting to have it melt into the cookie. The candy bar did not melt and the rest is history! You enjoy her accidental discovery as a chocolate chip cookie in 2008. She got free chocolate for life and some big bucks from Nestle for her recipe. Something to celebrate!

Weekends and Holidays . . . Have fun. Look for something to celebrate. Enjoy a cookie on me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Dino. I remembered to pack my spiritual water wings! LOL :)