Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Where Are You?

Talk about your coaching . . . how about the most powerful coaching question in history, from the most powerful coach. God asked Adam the question (Gen. 3:9), where are you?

I am all for accountability. I believe it is a Bible concept . . . iron sharpens iron. Over the past few years, I have heard of two incidents of men who led accountability groups. At the same time they led, they were blowing, big time, in their personal lives. Accountability works best for those who have nothing to be ashamed of.

Accountability does not make us bullet proof. Our evil hearts can break any safe. We can crack any code. We can adopt any script. So, are you telling the truth to your accountability partners? Maybe stepping outside those normal accountability relationships to find someone even safer would be a good idea. Tell the whole truth to someone, even if it is dial a prayer. You need to hear yourself talk.

One of many unique phrases from the New Orleans culture was a greeting. Instead of hello, how's it going? . . . the question was, where ya at? Maybe that is a better greeting. Ask me the next time you see me. I will ask you, too. More tomorrow.

Lots of road miles yesterday. Enjoyed time with Eddie Cox and Tommy Vandiver. Good conversation with Art Fulks. My mother has Parkinson's. Met her later in the day in Asheville. Got to hang out with my brother-in-law and sister (Randy and Debbie), too. Ate some great Greek food at Apollo's in Asheville. Charleston Southern for Transplant http://www.transplantthechurch.org/ today.

No comments: