Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Disclaimer

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say. The previous quote from Canadian media expert, the late Marshall McLuhan, appeared in USA Today last week. At first, I thought it was funny, and it was. Then, I began to think about the implications. I probed deeper than McLuhan http://www.marshallmcluhan.com/ ever intended.

A real leader is out to disprove himself. Today, he is confident that his strategies and tactics are effective. A curiosity though, maybe a holy dissatisfaction, remains deep in his heart. My mother used to rant, there's got to be a better way!

You may be riding a wave of success today. Bravo! Ticker tape! You da man/woman! But, can I tell you something? If higher level is the goal, then, there's got to be a better way.

Greg Surratt, founding pastor of Seacoast Church http://www.seacoast.org/ in Charleston, compared good ideas to milk. They all have expiration dates. Hold your successes with an open hand. Surround yourself with people who are better at "it" than you. Keep moving forward. The target is always moving.

Columbia yesterday. Movement makers. Time with the kind of people God uses to change landscapes. Today is the worse meeting day of the month. I need to take a shower and set out to disprove myself.

No comments: