Wednesday, October 24, 2007

PFP - Herbie Hancock Freebie

Nice surprise at Starbucks last week. Free I Tunes! An old Herbie Hancock Jazz recording promotion . . . I downloaded and enjoyed for about 30 seconds. I am going to make myself listen again. I am trying to branch out a bit. The problem is Jazz seems to go no where. Jazz has no beginning, no ending, and no real story line.

Grisham did not answer every question I had about the main characters in Playing for Pizza. Some things were resolved. Other things were not. Bummer. I want the stories to end, even if I don't particularly like the ending. I want resolve. Did quarterback Rick Dockery get another shot at the NFL . . . or maybe even the CFL? Did Lizzy find herself in Italy and reconcile with her parents? How did the Parma Panthers do the following season?

We earthlings love resolve. Problem is, the times life is resolved, we often are not satisfied. In the faith hall of fame chapter (Hebrews 11) we read of people who had great faith but did NOT receive what was promised (verse 39). Some times no resolve is the resolution. Peace comes in acceptance. With that, I am going to leave today's blog unresolved. Just not sure where that fits. You, the reader, will have to figure that out.

More thinking with Chris and Neal about landscaping yesterday. Also with Carl Martin and Steve Cloud thinking about a powerful tool of God for transformation . . . coaching. Greenville today with Larry Bateman. Also in Columbia having coaching fun and hanging out at SCBC world headquarters. More unresolve, tomorrow.

No comments: