Monday, October 8, 2007

A Face In The Crowd

By the end of last week I had been just a face in two unusually big crowds. Okay, I know the 6 billion thing, but beyond that . . .

On Thursday, I was one of 84,000 people to witness, in person, a win by the Gamecocks over Kentucky. I would have been bewildered except for the fact that I had someone with me (Hub), who knew the way, was committed to get me in the right place, and to see me home. BTW, the SEC is football chaos right now. Fun, huh?

On Saturday, I was a part of the 14th annual Walk for Life in downtown Columbia. Yvette, Abby, David, and I were in a group of 11,000 participants. Lots of pink. Great cause. Breast cancer research and awareness. Wandered and wondered for the first 30 minutes of the 3 mile walk . . . Has the race started? Are we on the right road? Who can help us?

You probably know where this is going. I need people to coach me through the mass of humanity I will be in this week. I also need to sift through the crowd to look for people. Those with a lost look on their face. Harassed and helpless, using Bible words (Matt. 9). People thinking out loud maybe . . . Has the race started? Am I on the right road? Who can help me?

Ugly front door is finished! You were there! Once my dirty little secret got out, every time I felt urge to do nothing, I remembered you. Great movie this weekend. Game Plan. Preached at Willow. Visited Midtown (awesome). Had lunch Saturday with my sweetie. Went to Greg Abrams and Lakepoint's movies in the park. Glad it is Monday. I am off to ATL so I can rest up for next weekend!

No comments: