Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Raise Your Own Bar II (5-8)

Continuing yesterday's list on becoming more accountable . . . remember, you can't implement all, pick two or three

5) See a Counselor. no kidding. I have. I will in the future. Everyone reading this probably needs to go to a professional counselor in the next 30 days. Hearing myself talk to a counselor, who, does not know me, exposes my thinking to an outside set of eyes/ears.

6) Begin Blogging. Blogging (http://www.blogspot.com/) costs nothing. If no one reads your blog, or your blog stinks, you still need to process. Blogging, to me, is doing life with other people. A web log also keeps you in a journaling mode.

7) Read the Bible. I had to throw in another Sunday School answer. I am an alum, you know. The Bible annoys me like no other book I have ever read. I often feel like I am looking into a mirror. Go figure (James 1:22-24).

8) Hang Out with Your Wife and Kids. They do not know you, but they know you better than any other human being. People who know you less think you are much better, smarter, and godlier than you are. Your passion to be with other people may not be as God-motivated as you think. We spend more time with people who think we are heroes.

Discovered Carolina Cafe in Camden, S.C. yesterday. Got a ticket for parking too long in the same place. Made an appeal, the Camden police were amused, and took my money anyway.

Enjoyed time with movement makers including Bryan Plyler, pastor/planter of The River. Some of my most favorite people are part of that church. What a great story of life change!

Today, I get to see my doctor. Talk about your accountability. He has been insulting me for almost three years. We (my insurance company and I) pay him to do it. I will report his latest rant tomorrow. I will also have a conversation with my coach. Wow. Talk about feeling naked.

No comments: