Monday, November 26, 2007

I Confess - WWJB Part Two

On Black Friday Abby and I went to Wal-Mart, Target, and Pets Mart. I bought two DVD's at Target (Batman Begins, The Goonies) and Corelle (Wal-Mart, made in the USA) for our home. I am part of the problem. Ten percent of all holiday sales take place Thanksgiving weekend. The National Retail Federation's official projections for holiday sales is 474.5 billion dollars. My contribution: $62.98.

Have fun during the holidays. Don't go totally secular on me, but don't be ridden with guilt. God is not glorified in my guilt. Free Indeed is not a phrase in a sales ad (John 8:36)! Here are a few ideas. Please feel free to add to the list. I need your help:

1. Avoid the Shopocalypse (see Friday's post).

2. Decide on a budget, now.

3. Choose two outreach projects as a family.

4. Give some money and gifts away.

5. Look for ways to connect with your neighbors.

6. Worship Jesus.

7. And . . . let God be glorified in your joy (Psalm 16:11).

The Vols and Saints won this weekend. My teams have proven they excel when I pull against them. My real teams have combined record of 12-3 since I switched sides a few weeks ago. Sympathy to the Gamecocks (talk about a crash and burn after ranking of 7th after the first third of the season). Congrats to Tommy Bowden and the Tigers. Did Tommy save his job? Stay tuned. BTW, go LSU Tigers and Tampa Bay Bucs!

No comments: