Monday, November 5, 2007

Flight of the Bumble Bee

Everyone, with the exception of the bumble bee himself, knows that a bumble bee can't fly. The wings, body-size, etc. does not permit flight. But wait, yes it does. Is that how you feel about yourself today? Your situation? Maybe a little wind draft from the plans, purposes, and power from God will get you going!

Fellowship of Praise reminds me of the bumble bee. This group of people from Santee, S.C. was a crew of well meaning Christ-followers. I met them first at a church and preached for them at a barbecue restaurant. I think there was around 25-30 people. Many life change stories later and almost four years . . . the bumble bee flys over Santee -- 150 people with great passion to make a difference for the Kingdom.

The River Church in Camden reminds me of the bumble bee. We were so close to giving up three years ago. I spoke to 150 people yesterday in Camden, most of them previously unchurched. It may not look pretty when you look at the picture. But there is always hope when God is involved. More is possible than you are thinking.

Since I have rooted for the other team my winning percentage of my real teams have soared to almost 90%. Another defeated, undefeated weekend. So I come out early for the Arkansas Razorbacks and St. Louis Rams. Evan Almighty and Spidey III was a part of my weekend. So were three wonderful ladies. More coming on those two movies. Both are keepers.

My time for the 5K in Spring Valley was 27.12. I came 103rd out of 100. It seems that a very old man with a walking stick, and two stray dogs, one who walked with a limp, got in the race without registering. Bummer. World headquarters today.

No comments: