Monday, April 7, 2008

Race Revisted III - Happy Birthday Yvette (Yesterday)

5) Celebrate with the Winners - my son-in-law, David won his age class in the Resurrection 5K. I do not get high marks in the rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep category. Generally, I am a bit too self-absorbed for that. But for my rock star son-in-law, I think I came close. For a moment when they called his name as the winner in the 20-24 year class, I felt like they called mine. That made my apparent short comings seem insignificant for them moment. Who do you need to celebrate with today?

In the midst of the preaching (Willow and Hurricane Baptist) and paint this weekend, I celebrated. Yvette, my bride of 25 1/2 years had a birthday on Sunday. Yvette is solid as a rock. She is low maintenance to a fault. That is why celebrating her birthday is so very much fun. I often tell people in stores ,who help me shop for her, she is so easy to please it presents a challenge. She is going to like anything I get her, so I really want to knock her socks off. Her big birthday thrills - Copper River Grill, a lamp, end table, fresh ground coffee from Port City Java, Subway on Sunday, and cheese cake. As a rule in our house we celebrate you the entire month so she has more love to come. She will never, however, get all the love she deserves! Happy Birthday, Sweetie! You are so beautiful . . . 2 meeeeeeeee!

Hey, great opp today at White Oak with Jim Putman and Avery Willis. Two straight weeks of discipleship process stuff. I will keep you posted.

No comments: