Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hip Talk 2 - The Need for Extra Cushioning

McLaren (Secret Message of Jesus) quotes Woody Allen (not a theologian) who once said:
Today we are at a crossroads. One road leads to hopelessness and despair; the other, to total extinction. Let us pray we choose wisely.
I left out one piece of advice from my hip doctor, Dr. Suarez: add insoles to your running shoes for extra cushioning. I read about a naked 5K race in last month's Runner's World. That may work for some. I would be arrested in the parking lot or gunned down on the spot.

The road will be hard today. Constant pounding will take its toll. How's your cushion? Are you protected against the inevitable wear and tear.

I have been going too much without insoles lately. I am not designed as an earthling (neither are you) for the constant pounding of hard road without extra cushioning.

Where can I get extra cushioning? I have invoked McLaren and The Message in the same blog. Reckless, huh?

Be good to me, God - and now! I've run to you for dear life. I 'm hiding out under your wings until the hurricane blows over. I call out to the High God, the God who holds me together (Psalm 57:1,2 MSG).

No comments: