Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Joe Muggs - Drinking What I'm Selling

Southern Pecan flavored coffee. Four months ago I used to say, I am not old enough to drink coffee. In ATL Bread, around Christmas time, I took an open minded swig of Yvette's Vanilla Nut cup of joe. I have been on a binge ever since. Crazy, huh?

I was at a Joe Muggs http://www.joemuggs.com/ this weekend (Books-A-Million). I always talk coffee with people at coffee shops. My coffee IQ is truly so low for a rapidly aging baby boomer. What do you like? What's good? What should I have? I have a lot of catching up to do!

I am not sure where all this fits. If we think out loud together maybe there are multiple applications. One of the Joe Muggs' coffees of the day was Southern Pecan. I ask the girl at the counter how it tasted. She said, how should I know? I don't drink coffee. She continued, I just poured out the Southern Pecan too, because it is almost quitting time.

I didn't get mad at the Joe Muggs girl. I was entertained by her response. I came back the next day and bought a pound. Wow! I discovered Southern Pecan without her. What a great discovery! Excuse me, Yvette has a pot on right now.

Ahh yes! My new obsession within an obsession. Joe Muggs' Southern Pecan. Could I share a cup with you?

Where do I go from here? One simple lesson for now: I need to be drinking what I am selling. I need great passion for everyone else to drink what I am drinking, too. More to come.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe Muggs is good stuff!!! I broke my coffee sabbatical with a great cup of coffee from there!

Jennifer said...

I'm a Starbucks junkie myself. I can from Dallas where I passed about 12 on my way to work. I'll have to give the Southern Pecan and Joe Muggs a try. I love how you can make an analogy about drinking coffee relate to our walk with Christ. Thanks for thinking outside the box and sharing.

Jennifer said...

I'm a Starbucks junkie myself. I can from Dallas where I passed about 12 on my way to work. I'll have to give the Southern Pecan and Joe Muggs a try. I love how you can make an analogy about drinking coffee relate to our walk with Christ. Thanks for thinking outside the box and sharing.

Susanne said...

Gonna have to try some of that! We Reeders love our "daily dose" of java...and the Southern Pecan sounds really yummy!!