Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Between The Eyes II - How are Things at Home?

We had a great weekend:
  • Abby and I went to Charleston for the Hispanic Evangelism Conference.
  • David and I Ran
  • Great Day at Willow
  • Abby scored her own Wii! (After saving since Christmas and a six month search)
  • Got to hang out some with that little rock star (Owen, my grandson)
But weekends are not always good (or weekdays). We are a family, a body, a system. What does that mean? When something goes wrong, we all bear responsibility. In my home we all tend to point fingers when something is not right (either in our minds, or out loud). Human nature causes us to be that way (probably never happens at your place).

One of my old illustrations: If I punch you in the nose, should I blame my hand and, thus, excuse myself? Or does my whole person bear responsibility?

I could shoot zingers to SBC leadership for days about current realities. Problem is, I am SBC leadership. The realities have been there for years. The past week's offical word only underscored the obvious. Our Kingdom influence is declining. That is the issue btw. Lostness is winning. I bear responsibility. . . my SBC family, my body, my system. Remember the QBQ?

1 comment:

Steve said...

I bear the responsibility too as well as you. We bear it together, and that is a powerful weapon. Only, the enemy has got each of us battling in our bodies, homes, and individual churches to the point that we have no energy or motivation to coordinate the larger battle with the rest of the Body.

...Elisha prayed, "O LORD, open his eyes so he may see." Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.