Monday, April 14, 2008

Hip Talk - By Dr. Suarez

Impressed by my tough guy doctor, Dr. Suarez, who is not worried about my ailing left hip. Hip bursitis is the diagnosis. I have been released to be a 40 something, still in search of, whatever I am running after at 5:00 a.m. in the morning.

He suggested four things that should work regardless of the condition of your left hip:

1. Preparation (stretch - don't get in too big a hurry).

2. Don't run on the same side of the road everyday (avoid mindless routines).

3. Have the correct equipment (worn running shoes are killers). Where is an upgrade or update needed?

4. When all else fails, call in the ice and anti-inflamatories (know thyself, swallow thy pride, along with 2 of deese, and a bag of dis)

Headquarters and Camden today. This weekend included an encouraging funeral - sounds weird, but it is possible if life after death with Jesus is settled. Dan Fagg's funeral was one of the best I can remember. I needed it, no kidding.

Also, I went shopping with Abby at Justice (our new favorite store). River Springs http://www.riversprings.org/ with Tim and Gloria Shull (great missionary planters btw) on Sunday morning. I was encouraged by the passion and worship of the RS family. The best is yet to come. Midtwown and Dustin were on yesterday too. Chaotic Joy series included a message just for me (glad the others could be there too) www.midtowncolumbia.com .

No comments: