Thursday, March 13, 2008

Self Worth - Where are the Bees?

You can really tell what puts more fuel in your tank when you can't do much. I have a lot of inspiring thoughts on paper about be vs. do. Do is such a trap door yet do defines me, unfortunately.

Maybe that is why Jesus had such a heart for the chronically ill and the poor. Helplessness is tough place to be. Your activity or ability to produce results is no longer fuel. People throw you an occasional bone, but those who are in the margins spend most of their time waiting for that someone to come along.

Hey, don't misread this. I am not that person. I have people swarming over me like bees (wife, daughters, staff) now. But just for a moment, if I let my mind wander, I get a faint idea of what it could be like. A scary place . . . out of the main stream of meaningful activity. Wow. I needed that reminder. Who is someone in the margins that you need to connect with today?

Still in rehab but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: