Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Quotables - Confession

I am on injured reserve with a pretty impressive case of the Flu. Bad timing. I missed two days of Intensive Church Planter Training, speaking at North Greenville chapel, etc.

Two weekend observations. Observation #1 was an impressive quote from Cleatus Blackmon, missionary in Greer with the Greer Baptist Association: Lord help us finish like we started.

I started with incredible passion for God. Risk was never an issue. Criticism usually fueled me vs. discouraged me. How did you start? Often we get mature and miss God's plan for us to finish well.

Observation #2 - I confess I cried at a movie for the first time in my life (No death or disease btw). Sounds pretty metrosexual doesn't it? College Road Trip with Martin Lawrence and Raven Symone was a heart stopper if you have daughters. The second Disney movie in a row (Game Plan) that implied certain family values. The movie was also rated G. Too much slapstick in College Road Trip at times, but that was probably the G part. Little kids love to see pigs destroy weddings.

Nothing dramatic today. Home and on the mend. I feel like I did when I was a kid. Looking out the window, watching my friends play baseball, knowing I can't play for today. Oh well.


No comments: