Thursday, March 6, 2008

Blind Spots

You ever looked in your mirror to change lanes on an interstate, saw nothing, then changed lanes only to merge in front of an on coming car. How did you feel? Embarrassed? Stupid? How many times have you done that?

We normally call it a blind spot. A place where I see nothing, yet something is there. I have noticed at this phase in life I have a solid understanding of my weaknesses. My blind spots are things I may never know about. Driving along causing all types of havoc, endangering myself and others, all for something I am clueless about.

So what should I do? What are my next steps?
1. Surround myself with honest people (Few exist that love you that much).
2. Do life with Jesus (He is always inviting me deeper).
3. Be careful when I change lanes (a belief that my best intentions can be dangerous).
4. Ask those I trust for the last 5% (the hard stuff we think but we dare not say).

Much more coming here. On the road today to Rock Hill and Greenville. Great conversations yesterday with people from all worlds. World Headquarters, Willow Ridge, Yvette, Anna, Abi, David and Owen . . . fun. Hope I was careful changing lanes.

No comments: