Sunday, March 30, 2008

Eight Super Foods - On Losing Faith

The only place you will get more arguments is politics and religion. I have embraced a list of eight super foods. One person suggested French Fries were left off the list. They were thinking of another list. Here are the eight foods you should eat every day: Oats, Blueberries, Black Beans, Spinach, Walnuts, Tomatoes, Yogurt, Carrots.

BTW, although everyone thinks they know the secrets of what you should eat, I have qualifications for my list. Can I find them at The Pig (Piggly Wiggly)? That makes more sense than needing to order my super foods online from the Middle East, or even worse, to grow them in my back yard. Also, is special preparation is required (although tomatoes are a rare food that is better for you cooked than raw)?

What if life could be reduced to formulas? Swallow this . . . get this outcome. Go here . . . receive this. Five steps to . . . Three Ways . . . etc. Life is not that simple. If a formula or process gets me over a mountain, it may or may not get you over the mountain. Even if it does get you over, there will be another mountain staring you in the face.

Am I losing faith? Not even close. The farther I go, the more I realize I am unable to predict and control outcomes. The more I am unable to predict and control outcomes, the more I embrace Christ. He is the only constant in my life. He is my strength, my ability, and my shield.

I love all 8 super foods. I seldom eat 8 out of 8 each day but I always make five or six. So what will be my outcome? Supposedly less of the things I don't want and more of the things I want. Time will tell. In the middle of the journey, I have something (someone) to embrace, and even greater, someone who embraces me. Ah yes, happy Easter!

World Headquarters today. My friend Eric Geiger (Simple Church) http://www.ericgeiger.com/ will be addressing our team and other movement makers on Tuesday. Fun!

No comments: