Thursday, March 27, 2008

Ocala Report - Vacation

What fun! Ocala, Florida for about three days. They didn't even miss me at World Headquarters. Boo hoo! I am nobody. Took some time off the blog, too.

Here are the Ocala highlights:

1. Horses - visited a training facility for race horses, Spring Garden Ranch http://www.springgardenranch.com/

2. Manatees - known as sea cows, endangered species . . . we saw four at Blue Spring State Park www.floridastateparks.org/bluespring/

3. Silver Springs - home of the famous glass bottom boats. Gators, bears, fish, giraffes http://www.silversprings.com/

4. Great workout at a world class (Compass) Gym. Stupid free weight activity. I am in pain.

5. Passed John Travolta's house/airport. I am a groupie. Can't help it. I am intrigued by celebs.

6. Hung out with my aunt's cool neighbor, Joe. Joe is 71. He is from Maryland. All three of his sons are in ministry. He is not a person, he is an organization! Never met a more normal guy.

7. Hung out with Jay and Joanna Mitchell from Church at The Springs http://www.thesprings.org/ (Ron Sylvia). Great folks. In a word, movement makers (is that two words?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this week's sign the apocalypse is upon us:

dino saw giraffes and bears through his glass bottom boat.

i need to get to florida more often...i totally missed the giraffes and bears in the water last time i was there. :-)

CRJ/DJS said...

Jay, I just can't think of a snappy comeback to that one, so let me go to my default, never fail comeback: shut-up smarty pants
:)