Thursday, November 13, 2008

Underpraying - 30 DaysTo Live

Urgency -- Panic -- Desparation -- Prayer . . . I wonder why the human cycle is that way. If I were going to die in thirty days I would pray with a different soul connection to heaven.

In 1987 I went to El Salvador with one of my all time favorite missionaries. Leo Humphrey, who is in heaven as we speak, was a mentor and friend. Another man on that trip, Dean, had been given the news from his doctor. Dean had only a few months to live. He led our team in prayer once. Leo came beside me right after the prayer was finished and said, I love to hear a dying man pray.

Does a dying man pray differently than one who "thinks" he is not? Why? How would I pray differently if I really believed I was soon to die? How about you? I am not completely sure what that looks like. Let's practice. Pray today like you only have 30 days to live. Give me feedback. I will do the same.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great challenge to our prayer life. Thank you for this!