Thursday, November 27, 2008

From Tennessee - The Over Supply

To me, holiday themes can be so shallow. We go 364 discontent, moaning, groaning, and ignoring the good stuff of life days. Suddenly we wake up today and flip the switch. We spend a day counting our blessings and watching the Detroit Lions play football. By midnight tonight we will likely relapse.

Same thing with Christmas. We will get a tear in our eye as we sing Silent Night, Holy Night and gaze at the baby on the stage at the church program. Sorry if I seem a bit jaded. I guess the stretch mark I long for here is to gain some God momentum from these important times.

Could the holidays reverse a period of ungratefulness that might last? How? Could my lack of amazement over who Jesus is be brought back to the reality of His greatness this Christmas? How? Take over from here -- our "hows" will be different.

The food on my table today will likely bring all the things that much of the world does not have. The food will taste good, there will be plenty, and in most cases will look good. Just like the entire year of care from God my life, He will do more than supply my needs. He will over supply.

No comments: