Monday, November 24, 2008

Not Quite Solved

How is the prayer of a dying man different? WWJP -- What would Jesus pray? The Gospel of John, chapter 17, in the Bible -- gives a lot to consider. Also, his last hours in the garden and on the cross is place to research. In fact, under the broad heading, all the prayers of Jesus were the prayers of a dying man.

Sir Isaac Newton provided a helpful hammer:
I can take my telescope and look millions and millions of miles into space, but I can lay it aside and go into my room, shut the door, get down on my knees in earnest prayer, and see more of heaven and get closer to God that I can assisted by all the telescopes and material agencies on earth.
Thanks, I needed that. How about you? How might that insight make a difference for you today?

No comments: