Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thirty Days to Live - Thud!

We have been thinking at The Ridge . . . along with a lot of other churches right now . . . What would do if we had only 30 days to live? If you really engage the question -- three meals a day at Ryan's buffet does not make a lot of sense. I mean, is that really important to you?

I am getting great feedback. I played the old, Ask the Audience card last week. Wow! I could not be more impressed with the insights, etc.

Mark and Danielle Proctor already turned the tables. I have been pondering on the deep implications of me (you know, all about ME, me), facing the next 30 days, as if they would be my last.

Mark and Danielle's young son, Hunter had a serious hunting accident a couple of years ago. Their family spend days not sure if he would live. They said the experience changed their perspective. Now they think, what if people around us had only 30 days to live. How would I treat them differently?

Here is what Danielle said: Something that keeps sounding in my mind is thinking that others only have 30 days to live! I think the thought of knowing only has a certain amount of time has gotten me more motivated in trying to share the love of Jesus. Even if it only means taking time in the check out line at the store and acknowledging the person serving you at the moment and letting them know you care. I know an easy concept but this keeps playing in my mind that it is not only me that might have 30 days to live, but maybe my neighbor or the cashier may only have 30 days to live. This thought has made a big impact on my daily life.

In my business, we call that a hammer. Something that makes a loud thud when you hear it. A loud thud in your heart . . . Thanks Mark and Danielle and others, who are engaging this issue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dino!

Thanks for sharing your blog. Danielle has so much wisdom and I am glad you shared that. I have even started my own blog. I'm not sure how to tell you to get to it but it's out there. I think it is becca4boo2007@blogspot.com.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and I have truly enjoyed your sermons. You do a great job!!!

Rebecca Barnett