Wednesday, November 26, 2008

From Tennesssee - Perspective

My father-in-law, Charlie and mother-in-law, Faye are interesting people. Charlie is a retired biology professor and a farmer. Faye is a retired financial assistant. Talk about your lifelong learners, the world still seems to amaze them. They read, they travel, they socialize . . .

So, when I visit there I always find reading material from places I normally do not fish for reading material. Kind of out of my league, if you know what I mean. I read football websites for my personal growth.

However, I found something at their house that caught my eye. Unfortunately, as with me, they are University of Tennessee football fans.

Fired and outgoing Head Football Coach Phil Fulmer's comment was reported by today's edition of the Bristol Herald Courier:

. . . bitterness or resentment is like taking poison and expecting someone else to die . . . I'm not going to live that way. I just chose not to.

I don't know how spiritual Coach Fulmer is, but his perspective is of value either way, don't you think?

2 comments:

Sid said...

Go Big Orange !!! I don't know how spiritual Phil is either but he has had his day...time to move on...I feel sorry for him..1.5 mil. for 4 yrs.??!!

CRJ/DJS said...

I agree running redneck, but I guess that was not my point -- I don't have any sympathy for his finances - and his job results were below acceptable standards. There are other parts of this - we will always have "our" side of the story that we have to process, no matter how obvious things seem on the outside.