Monday, May 19, 2008

The Journey 3 - Obstacles

I told you I talk some during races. My purpose in racing is to stay motivated. I have been in health rehab now for two years. I try not to act too much like a serious runner. People will expect too much out of me if I do. I am afraid they will laugh, when the see my times, and murmur, he thinks he is a runner. I guess I do that in other areas besides running.

I asked the water table, where is the pizza? I yelled at one of the trail guides, I thought you were the finish line! The trail looked the same to all of us on the journey. Or did it? I have a feeling that it looked different to Gerald (73) who finished third to last, than Olivia (11) who finished next to last. For the record I smoked both of them. I was at the finish line talking smack when they crossed. We all need someone to feel superior to, now don't we?

Crosspoint Bluffton launched at Sea Turtle Cinema yesterday. Looked like over 80 from the community and a bunch of eager volunteers/missionaries. Carl Martin is a movement maker. God invited he and a bunch of people to Bluffton.

Busy weekend. Talking to the staff at headquarters today. I am a little nervous talking to my peers. Kind of like family devotions. They know me too well to get by with faking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude...great job this morning on the devotional. You're a great preacher...

Monty

CRJ/DJS said...

Thank you Monty. I could not resist publishing your comments. Felt a little self-promoting when I pushed the publish button but I am weak and insecure so . . . thanks.